How to Make Choco pie
- Stir in sugar, flour, milk and finely chopped up chocolate in a saucepan.
- While stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until the mixture beings to bubble.
- Continue to stir for 2 more minutes.
- Mix the hot mixture into the egg yolks.
- Take care to beat them rapidly to avoid cooking the yolks.
- Stir the yolk mixture into the rest of the chocolate mixture.
- Cook for an additional one minute.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Add in butter and vanilla.
- Pour the fillings into a shell and refrigerate for two hours.
- Serve with whipped topping or grated chocolate for the best results.
- Did you know that chocolate is a kind of vegetable? It comes from the cacao bean which grows on the cacao tree.
- White chocolate itself is not chocolate because it does not contain any cocoa solids, but it does contain cacao bean.
The ancient Aztecs valued cacao bean so highly that they used it as a form of currency during the zenith of their civilization.