Chocolate covered Strawberries
1/2 cup white chocolate - chopped
1-pint basket fresh strawberries
2 cups dark chocolate chips or chocolate - chopped
How to make Chocolate covered Strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and dry them well. This is essential as water sticking to the strawberries can interfere with the chocolate coating.
- Add 1 to 2 inch of water to the bottom of a double boiler and heat on a medium-high flame to simmer. Add the chocolate into the top container of the double boiler and allow the chocolate to melt. Stir so that there are no lumps. Remove from heat.
- Place the bowl with the melted chocolate on a towel and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Dip a strawberry into the chocolate so as to coat it completely. Shake gently to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place it on the baking sheet. Repeat till all the strawberries are done. Let the strawberries dry. You can also refrigerate to speed the setting.
- Melt the white chocolate using the same procedure as the dark chocolate. Transfer the melted chocolate over into a small zip lock bag. Cut one corner of the bag and drizzle white chocolate over the strawberries. Allow the strawberries to set. Can be refrigerated to speed up the process.
Strawberries are the first fruits that ripen on the onset of spring. There are approximately 200 seeds in one strawberry. In fact, strawberries are not technically berries but accessory fruits. In the US, California produces nearly 75% of the strawberries used.