How to Make Meen Kuzhambu
- Before cooking the main dish, soak some tamarind in the water and squeeze to remove the entire pulp.
- This will save you time and efforts later on.
- Strain the tamarind and set it aside.
- Roast the dry red chilies, coriander seeds and cumin seeds together.
- Mix in some oil and water and grind them well enough o create a fine paste.
- Add some coconut and shallots to increase the consistency and texture of the dish.
- Mix in all the masalas and add the tamarind juice.
- Mix them well for about 10 minutes.
- Keep mixing them well enough to create a consistent paste.
- Heat some oil in a separate dish and add the mustard seeds.
- Bring them to a sizzle and add some shallots, tomatoes and curry leaves.
- Add some salt to them and let them cook for around 2 or so minutes.
- Add these in the masala paste created before.
- Mix these two together well.
- Add water to balance their consistency.
- Cover and simmer it until the oil disappears.
- Now add some fish pieces and cook until the fish is completely cooked.
- Garnish the fish with some cumin seeds.
- Serve hot with some boiled rice.
The Whale shark is the largest species of fish anywhere in the world.