How to make Orange Kesari Recipe
- Dry roast the almonds and grind them coarsely. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the rava until it turns golden brown.
- Heat water in a separate pan until it boils.
- Add the food color and sugar.
- Turn the flame to medium, once the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the roasted rava slowly. Stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add the freshly extracted orange juice and almond powder once the mix thickens.
- Keep mixing until the ravais cooked well.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a small pan.
- Add raisin, cashew, and cardamom.
- Once the cashews turn golden brown, add the ghee mixture to the kesari and mix well.
- Serve while it is warm.
- The precise composition of kesaribhat varies regionally, depending on the availability of ingredients. The dish might also be prepared with pineapple or banana, mango, coconut, or rice.
- Oranges were perceived as the fruits of the Gods.
- In Queen Victoria's day, oranges were given as Christmas gifts in England.