- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large cauliflower (cut into florets, bigger florets can be halved)
- 3 large potatoes (peeled and cut into medium sized cubes)
- 1 large onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- Fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- Half a garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch coriander (stalks should be separated and leaves chopped)
- 2 cans ( 9 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (optional)
- 1 small green chilies or 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp garam masala
When it comes to homemade vegetarian dishes, aloo gobi is always a favorite for everyone.
Though a simple dish, aloo gobi is packed with flavor and nutrients. The dish is a perfect accompaniment to parathas, naan or boiled rice. Even though cauliflower or gobi is the main star of the show, this dish is never complete without potatoes.
Each serving of this recipe of aloo gobi contains 250 calories.
This recipe is very healthy as it contains very little oil. Cauliflowers are known to be extremely healthy and are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. If you are following a paleo or ketogenic diet, then you can even all gobi as is.
How to make Aloo Gobi