How to make Aloo Gobi
- In a large saucepan, heat oil for about a minute or so.
- Add the cumin seeds and chopped onion. Fry until the onions become tender and translucent.
- Add salt, coriander stalks and turmeric and give the mixture a quick stir.
- Add the chilies and tomatoes in the mixture and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Stir to combine and let cook until the raw smell goes away.
- Add in the potatoes, peas and the cauliflower. You can pour 3-4 tablespoons of water in the curry so that the mixture doesn’t become too thick.
- Make sure that the vegetables are coated with the curry sauce. Stir without breaking the cauliflower florets.
- Cover the curry and let simmer for 20 minutes on low heat cover. You can stir in occasionally to ensure all flavors are combined well.
- Remove from heat, garnish chopped coriander leaves, and serve with roti or rice.
- Cauliflower is white because its leaves cover the bunch completely; preventing the sunlight from creating chlorophyll in the florets and make any color.
- Mark Twain once said “Cauliflower is nothing but a college education.”
- Cauliflower is one of the most used vegetables for people practicing a ketogenic diet. They use it to substitute flour based dishes such as pizza dough, bread sticks and even rice.
- Even though most people only eat the florets, the stalk and leaves the the cauliflower are edible as well.