How to make banana Wine
- Boil 2 liters of water and let cool.
- Boil ¼ liter of water to 170° F, transfer to a sterile ceramic jar, add yeast, mix well and cover the jar until the yeast has completely proofed.
- Chop bananas (with skin intact), add sugar, raisins and stir gently with a long wooden spoon.
- Add proofed yeast, crushed cloves, cinnamon, and chilies and stir gently.
- Cover the jar with a lid and let sit in a warm place for 15 days. Every few days, use a sanitized paddle to give the mixture a quick stir.
- Rack your wine using sanitized equipment into sterilized bottles, close the bottles tight, and keep in a dark and cool place for another 2 months for the wine to reach a good alcohol volume. Do not touch the wine during this period.
Note: Just like other wines, the more the banana wine ages, the better it gets. Once it ages well, you get a crystal clear, brilliant golden liquid with all finesse. Remember to always keep your wine in a dark place as it ages.
Did you know, white wine gets darker with time whereas red wine becomes lighter with time?