How to Make Coleslaw
- Take a large bowl and mix the shredded cabbage and carrot in it.
- Use a smaller bowl for making the dressing. Mix mayonnaise, celery seed, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the dressing with the shredded vegetables.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy.
- The origin of this dish goes back to the time of ancient Romans. They were the first to make a dish consisting of cabbage, eggs, vinegar, and spices.
- A Dutch cookbook, ‘The Sensible Cook: Dutch Foodways in the Old and New World’ from 1770 contains a recipe, including slices of cabbage, melted butter, vinegar, and oil.
However, mayonnaise was added to the ingredient list after almost 250 years.