How to Make Cannoli Pie
- Preheat the oven at 325° F and prepare a 9-inch tart pan by greasing it. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add graham crackers, melted butter and sugar and mix them together. Transfer the contents to the tart pan and using a spoon, press the crust into the bottom and the along the sides of the pan.
- Place the tart pan in the pre-heated oven and let it bake for 7 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and let it completely cool down.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl and whip it for 2-3 minutes on high speed until it starts to thicken. Initially it will bubble before starting to thicken.
- When the cream is slowly thickening, add ¼ sup of sugar at that point.
- Keep whipping on high speed for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until you see stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, add mascarpone chase, vanilla extract, cinnamon and the remaining powdered sugar. Mix the contents on low speed until they are combined. Do not increase the speed and do not over mix.
- Gently, add the whipped cream in the mascarpone mix.
- Pour this mixture of whipped cream and mascarpone mixture in the tart crust and place it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Enjoy the delicious desert!
- At one point in Ancient Egypt, Cinnamon was more valuable than gold.
- In 2016 a social media trend emerged that was titled “the Cinnamon Challenge.” It required consuming a spoonful of cinnamon but mostly ended up with people in tears, and pain.
Between 16th to 19th century, countries wanted were power struggling to take over Ceylon because of its lucrative Cinnamon industry.