How to make White Wine Sangria
- Empty wine into a pitcher.
- Addjuices from the lime, lemon and orangeinto the wine.
- Deseed orange wedges and toss the wedges into the juice-and-wine mixture.
- Add brandy and sugar, stirto dissolve, and refrigerate overnight.
- Add ginger ale before serving to ensure that the sangria retains its sparkle.
- While Spaniards enjoyed the sangria for a thousand years, the drink didn’t reach the U.S. until 1964—at the Spanish Pavilion at the World’s Fair in New York.
- Sangria is derived from the word sasnguis, which means blood in Latin.