How to make Fig Banana Milkshake
- Remove stems from the soaked dried figs and chop into small pieces.
- Add figs, bananas, yogurt, vanilla essence, honey and ice.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Strain the milkshake through a cheese cloth to remove fig seeds.
- Pour in tall glasses, garnish with chopped almonds (optional) and serve chilled.
- In ancient Greece figs were treated as prized possessions for the country and exporting the good quality ones was illegal.
- Figs are believed to have been grown for more than 6,000 years in Egypt. Historians believe that Cleopatra had a special liking for them.
- Figs are not actually fruits, but flowers which invert themselves.
- Figs are also known to have at least 1 wasp in it (don’t worry it’s completely dissolved and only a minute part of it).
- The scientific name of bananas is musa sapientum, which translates into fruit of the wise men!
- There is a whole museum dedicated to this fruit of the wise in California.