- 1 ripe banana
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- chocolate syrup (to preference)
- marshmallow crème (to preference)
- strawberry syrup (to preference)
- whipped cream (to preference)
- chopped walnuts or any nut of your liking (to preference and lightly roasted)
- rainbow sprinkles (to preference)
- 3 maraschino cherries
A hot summer’s eve is incomplete without sharing a divinely sweet banana split with a friend or loved one. A combination of creamy cold textures and the delicious flavour of bananas, this banana split is an all American favourite. People from all over the world, regardless of their age, love this cold treat on any day of the year.
This ultimate comfort food / dessert is prepared by sandwiching different flavours of ice cream between two halves of a banana. They are then topped with various syrups, creams, nuts, sprinkles and, cherries, making the perfect decadent treat for a hot day.
If you love the taste of bananas and have a sweet tooth for cold treats, then try this easy and quick recipe that you will make again and again.
Bananas are loaded with various minerals and vitamins like potassium, magnesium, manganese, calcium, folate, iron, riboflavin, Vitamin B6 and niacin among other essential nutrients. Although there are many benefits of consuming bananas, you should not consume this dessert in large quantities as it has high sugar and fat content.
How to Make Classic Banana Split
Back in the early days, a banana split was a highly priced dessert and was sold for 10 cents, which was twice the price of other ice cream sundaes.