How to make Banana sheera
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add raisins and fry till it enlarges. Set aside.
- Add cashews and stir-fry till it becomes golden brown color. Transfer it to another plate. Keep aside.
- Add semolina to the same pan without removing ghee.
- Stir continuously on medium flame till rava becomes golden brown.
- Boil water in another pan.
- Once the rava is roasted well, add cut banana pieces and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add hot water to the semolina blend and cover with a lid. Cook in low flame for about 3 minutes until water evaporates.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Keep stirring till the ravamixture becomes thicker and starts leaving the edges.
- Add cardamom powder, cashew nuts, and raisins. Mix well.
- Banana sheera is ready to serve.
- The scientific name for banana is musasapientum, which means “fruit of the wise men.”
- It is said that one of the first shipments of bananas to reach the colonies was in 1690 at Salem, Mass. They tried boiling them with pork. It took nearly 200 years after that disaster for bananas to catch on with North Americans.
- India, with rich bio-diversity of banana and plantain, is the largest producer and buyer with an estimated production of 16 million tons of bananas annually. India's domestic production alone exceeds the entire world trade.