Roasted Beetroot with Za’atar
small beetroots - (375 g total)
small brown onion – roughly chopped
small granny smith apple - peeled, cored, roughly chopped
coriander seeds - crushed
yellow mustard seeds
dried bay leaf
apple cider vinegar
Sliced leg ham to serve
How to make Roasted Beetroot with Za’atar
- In a food processor, coarsely blend together beetroot, onion and apple chunks and transfer to a pan.
- add2 tsp orange rind, 1/3 cup orange juice, cinnamon, bay leaf, vinegar and sugar.
- Place the pan over low heat and stir occasionallyuntil sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer while stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until beetroot is tender and mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- add chopped orange, stir to combine and enjoy!