How to make Eggplant Sandwiches
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to 400 degree F.
- Using an oil spray, grease a baking sheet thoroughly and place the sliced eggplants on top.
- Season the eggplant slices with black pepper, kosher salt and the smoked paprika.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven, and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the eggplants are golden brown and tender.
- Once the eggplant is done, pull the dish out, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the butter and let it melt. Place 2 slices of the French rolls on top and leave it for about a minute or two, or until the rolls are slightly crisp.
- Take the rolls off of the saucepan. Take generous amounts of mayonnaise, garlic and vinegar,
spread it to coat the slices.
- Place the baked/ roasted eggplant inside the roll. Fill it up with basil leaves, tomatoes and feta cheese, and serve with ketchup.
Eggplants originated from India, but also have cultural associations with China. You would be surprised to know that eggplants have been used and cultivated for over 1500 years now.