- 1 can (15 oz)Black Beans (cooked, canned and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (Frozen Kernel)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Spicy black bean cakes are rich and creamy on the inside and crunchier on the outside. The cake is flavorful and makes a great side to the vegetarian green salad.
If you have black beans handy, this is one dish that can be rustled up quickly with all the ingredients you have in your kitchen. Serve it with a creamy avocado dip or a sour dip and your kids will love this version of beans masked in golden crust.
- Black beans are rich in protein and fiber content. The dietary fiber in beans help in maintaining good gut health.
- Black beans are abundant in antioxidants, almost 10 times that of oranges.
How to Make Black Bean Cakes