How to Make Black Bean Cakes
- Add black beans, corn, cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, egg, salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to the food processor.
- Process to a thick batter.
- In a non-stick frying pan, add vegetable oil and heat it up on a low flame.
- Ladle out a tablespoon full of batter to the hot oil in the pan, just like you do for the pan cakes.
- Cook for at least 3 to 4 minutes on one side or until golden brown and flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with a creamy dip or a hot sauce.
- Black beans are also known as turtle beans due to their shell-like appearance.
- There are five types of beans pinto beans, black beans, navy beans, great northern beans and red kidney beans.