How to make Mouthwatering Chicken Cacciatore
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. You can add more and adjust according to your taste.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to have a light coating.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high flame.
- Add the chickenand sauté it until it is slightly brown.
- Transfer the sautéed chicken to a plate and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic, bell pepper and onion and sauté over medium heat. Continuesautéing for 5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar/balsamic vinegar to the pan and simmer it until it is reduced to half.
- Add in the tomatoes along with their juice and stir well.
- Add in the chicken broth along with oregano and capers. Stir well until all flavors are infused together.
- Add in the chicken pieces and let the chicken simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Take out the chicken using tongs and place them in a plate.
- Let the sauce thicken a little for around 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cacciatore means ‘hunter’ in Italian. Therefore it generally means to cook in ‘hunter style’ along with herbs and tomato sauce. The base of this dish must always have garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Chicken is not usually used with pasta in Italian cuisines generally and you would often find meat-based dishes on their own in some sauce in authentic Italian cookery.