How to make Ragi Malpua
- For the Batter, place millet flour, whole wheat flour, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, cream, clarified butter, and salt in a bowl. Add a little water and mix everything together thoroughly to form a batter.
- Cover the bowl and set the batter asidefor 15 minutes.
- For the Sugar Syrup, place the saffron, sugar, and water in a pan and heat so that the sugar can dissolve. Turn down the heat a little bit so that the sugar syrup remains warm.
- Grease a griddle with a little clarified butter and heat the pan. Pour a ladleful of batter on the pan and add some clarified butter around its edges. Cook it for a few minutes until the malpua turns to golden color. Turn the malpua so that all its sides can be browned. Repeat the process until every malpua is cooked.
- Cool the cooked malpua before dipping in the sugar syrup.
- Serve it at once.
- Wheat is the major source of grain products in the United States. It is grown in 42 out of the 50 states in the country.