How to make Chicken Florentine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet greased lightly with cooking spray, place the chicken breasts and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when done and set aside.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter and add in the garlic, alfredo sauce or cream of mushroom soup, cream, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning and stir well until all the all the ingredients combined.
- Grease a 9x9 baking dish with butter or cooking spray and place all the spinach in the bottom.
- Cover the spinach layer with mushrooms.
- Add a layer of pasta.
- Pour half of the creamy sauce over the pasta and mushrooms layers evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts on the pasta bed and pour the rest of the creamy sauce all over the chicken and pasta.
- Sprinkle all the mozzarellaall over the dish until covered.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The word ‘Florentine’ is derived from the city of Florence where this dish originates from. It can refer to anything that originates from Florence be it food, person or thing. In regards to food, Florentine means cooked in the style from the city of Florence, where pasta, cheese and spinach are often used in a variety of dishes.
- The human body can benefit from 30 different nutrients from consuming chicken alone.