How to Make Toaster strudels
- Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place a single sheet of puff pastry on a surface drizzled with flour. Cut it into 6 equal sized rectangles.
- In a small bowl, stir in jam and cornstarch.
- Spoon 1 ½ of the mixture over the top of 3 rectangles, leaving about ½ inch around the edges uncoated.
- In a separate bowl, stir in egg with small amount of water.
- Lightly brush the mixture on the uncoated rums.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining puff pastry rectangles.
- Spread egg wash on the tops of each strudel.
- Bake the strudel in the oven for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to cook on a wire rack.
- To prepare the icing, stir in all ingredients in a small bowl until it is well blended.
- Add some half and half to thin as needed.
- Drizzle over the rectangles and enjoy!
- Strudels first became popular in the 18th century when royal members of the Habsburg Empire incorporated it into their diet.
June 17th is celebrated as the National Apple Strudel Day.