How to Make Thousand Island Dressing
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, apple vinegar, onion, salt, chili powder, pepper and relish in a large mixing bowl. Mix them until they are properly combined.
- To increase the thickness of the mixture, add the egg through a fine sieve into the bowl and mix well.
- If you want to customize the sauce, now would be the right time. Any combination of ingredients such as chives, hot sauce and red chili would do.
- The Thousand Island dressing can be served immediately, but it is preferable to refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Some people believe that the term ‘mayonnaise’ is derived from the word moyeu. Moyeu is an older French word for egg yolk.
- Did you know that mayonnaise contains about 40% of oil content? This excess oil is far more than the daily requirement of the human body and is expelled through the ski pores. The end result is oily skin and hair.
- Mayonnaise is used as a home remedy to treat sunburns. Simply apply mayo to affected areas to reduce the burning sensation and wash away with lukewarm water.