How to make Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- Slice away the top of all the tomatoes and scoop out the core with the help of a spoon.
- Slice a little bit of the bottom of the tomatoes so that they can be placed flatly.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Insert feta cheese cubes into each tomato halfway inside and boil it in a preheated pot for about 3 minutes until the cheese is brown and soft.
- On a serving plate, brush a little black olive paste and place all the tomatoes on the plate.
- Sprinkle some more olive oil and salt.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot!
- The French originally thought of tomatoes as an aphrodisiac which is why they had named it “pomme d’armour” which means “love apple”. In 1820, the New York state had passed a law banning the consumption of tomatoes as they were thought to be poisonous.
- On record, the largest tomato weighed a whopping seven pounds and it was found in Edmond, Oklahoma back in 1986.