How to Make baked tomatoes oregano
- Begin by preheating the oven at 400°
- Prepare a shallow baking dish by greasing it with oil. Set aside.
- In the baking dish arrange tomato slices close together. Sprinkle grated Romano cheese, garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano and seasons it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil on the tomatoes and place the baking tray in the preheated oven. Allow the tomatoes to bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has slightly roasted and brown in color.
- In the beginning of times, people used to be afraid to eat tomatoes and thought them to be poisonous because of their relation to the deadly nightshade plant (belladonna).
- There’s not a single mention of tomatoes in the complete work of Shakespeare.
- Tomatoes are not just red in color but also found in yellow, white, purple, black, and pink color.
- If tomatoes are kept in sunlight, they rapidly lose their Vitamin C.
While tomato is obviously not poisonous, its leaves are toxic.