How to make cheese and tomato melts
This cheese tomato recipe comes to around 7 servings and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix flour, seasoning, butter, cheese, and diced spring onions to form a dough.
- Add tomato juice as required to knead the dough. Coat with oil/butter to lock moisture.
- Dust flour on a flat surface and roll the dough. The thickness of the dough must be around 1 cm. Cut out dough into circles of 5 cm in diameter.
- Spread baking paper on a baking tray. Place the circular pieces of dough and bake for around 25 minutes, or until firm.
- Let the biscuits cool before you serve them.
Vaya Tyffyn lunch boxes are air tight and help keep snacks crisp and fresh! Wrap homemade cheese and tomato biscuits in a paper bag and place them in a Vaya Tyffyn lunch box to delight your colleagues during a coffee break at work!
- Like wine, parmesan cheese gets better with age!
- There are over 2000 varieties of cheese!
- While we commonly use the phrase “say cheese” to make people smile in front of a camera, South Americans go “say whiskey”!
- 5 liters of milk produces around 500 gm of cheese!