- Heat some of the ghee in a pan over low heat. Roast cashews about 2 minutes till it turns golden.
- Add raisins and roast it with cashews till it gets puffed. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Heat remaining ghee in pan over low heat. Add semolina and stir till it turns golden brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. It is important to stir it continuously to roast it equally.
- Add grated coconut and stir it continuously for 2 minutes. Add sugar and cardamom and stir it well. Turn the heat off.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot milk and mix it well to make the mixture moist. Add more milk as needed.
- Set the mixture aside and let it cool slightly. Form mixture into 14 ladoos, slightly smaller in size than a golf ball, pressing it in between your palms. Add more milk if you are not able to hold the mixture firmly.
- Let stand at least one hour before serving. Store in an air tight container.
This is a favorite dessert in India that is prepared with semolina/rava, coconut flakes, nuts, sugar and clarified butter as ingredients. The fragrance of roasted rava and coconut signifies the festivity in India.