- 1/2 L full cream milk or cow milk
- 1/2 cup pistachios (pista badam)
- 1/2 cup rice flour (can substitute with corn flour)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- kesar essence
- 4 tbsp organic khand sugar
How to make Pista Kulfi
Pista Kulfi is a traditional dish and is a wonderful way to combine nuts and milk. While pista kulfi and rabri sound similar, know that kulfi and rabri are very different.
Pista has a characteristic flavor among other nuts. In ancient times, kulfi used to be frozen in earthen moulds. So, if you can find clean earthen moulds to freeze your kulfi then you can achieve better flavors with an earthen aroma!