- 450 g Cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 medium onion — thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (kaju) — ground to a paste
- 1/2 cup Melon (kharbooja) seeds — ground to a paste
- 1 cup full cream milk (warm)
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 large tomato - diced
- 3 cloves (laung)
- 1 small cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 medium basil leaf (tejpatta)
- 5 kishmish (dried grape)
- salt, sugar, pepper, red chili powder
Paneer Afghani is known for its aromatic gravy that’s special in every way indeed. Afghani flavor is characteristically sweet and spicy at the same time. While it takes time to perfect that characteristic taste and flavor, the typical Afghani flavor for your own paneer Afghani can be achieved using the foods and ingredients available in your home. Think of the Afghani spices and dry fruits! The cashew nuts, melon seeds, spices, milk, and cream all combine to yield something truly extraordinary.
Afghani paneer is packed with the goodness of milk protein and nuts. Nuts are rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and the good fats and carbohydrates. Afghani paneer dish is dense in nutrients and very sumptuous indeed.
How to make Paneer Afghani
Afghani chicken is a traditional Afghani dish and is served by restaurants under the continental menus. The preparation is simple and you can even make the Afghani dish at home. If you are a vegetarian try using cottage cheese or tofu paneer and experience the amazing flavors!