1 l milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp yogurt / curd
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp pistachio thinly sliced
In India, no festive celebration is complete without sweets. Peda is one of the best milk sweets that can be prepared quickly and easily as well. You can compare a peda or pedhe as some may call it, with soft milk fudge. It has a mild granular texture. According to a few natives, ‘peda’ might be one of the oldest traditional sweet in India. It is also one of the most common sweets offered to gods during festivals.
Any recipe tastes authentic if you prepare it the old-fashioned way. Hence in this recipe, peda will be prepared using a traditional method with the main ingredient, milk. Although it takes a longer time, the taste will be better. You can prepare peda, with ready made khoya as well and you might be familiar with it already. It is prepared by heating milk until it becomes dry. The dry milk solids can be used for a variety of dishes. You can enhance the flavor by using spices like cardamom, saffron.
- Milk is the main ingredient in this sweet dish, and it has significant health benefits.
- Apart from providing rich calcium for our bones, it improves skin complexion.
- Sweet milk is known to make us feel happy, give comfort, and get us out of depression.
- For people with low digestion, milk is one of the best sources to improve it.
- Milk also gets rid of tiredness and fatigue.
How to make Peda Recipe