How to make Peda Recipe
- Apply some ghee on the pan and add milk.
- Allow the milk to start boiling.
- Keep stirring the boiling milk continuously.
- Add sugar and allow the milk to get condensed at least to half.
- Add curd and continue to stir.
- Once you add curd, milk starts to get curdled and thick.
- Continue to cook until the moisture evaporates completely, turn off the stove and allow to cool.
- Grind until smooth.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Start making small balls using your palm.
- Place all the peda balls in a plate.
- Press the peda in center gently and make a dent for the sliced pistachio.
- Sweet milk peda is ready for serving.
- The word peda is also generically used to mean a sphere of any doughy substance, such as flour or khoya.
- Thakur Ram Ratan Singh of Lucknow, who migrated to Dharwad (in present-day Karnataka) in the 1850s, introduced pedas there.