How to make Badam Burfi Recipe
- In a large bowl soak almonds in hot water for 1 hour.
- Peel the almonds skin gently and keep them aside.Pat dry them.
- Transfer the almonds into a small blender.
- Do not blend for a long period. Almonds' consistency must be coarse, like a grain flour. Keep the powder aside.
- Prepare the sugar syrup by adding ¾ cup sugar and ½ cup water.
- Keep stirring on a low flame, continuously.
- Boil thesugar syrup until it thickens a little.
- Add the almond powder, saffron milk, and cardamom powder.
- Stir continuously while keeping the flame low.
- Continue to stir until the mixture separates from the pan.
- Transfer onto the butter paper.
- Allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Apply a little ghee/clarified butter on your palm and knead the mixture for a minute.
- Roll the dough using a rolling pin.
- Cut into square or diamond shape as per your preference.
Tip: You can use edible silver leaf for decoration.
- The word "almond" comes from Old French almande or allemande.
- California produced 998 million pounds of almonds in 2004. The largest crop on record was in 2002, with 1.084 billion pounds.