How to make Pista Ladoo Recipe
- Dry roast pistachios until they are crunchy.
- Set aside and allow to cool down.
- Grind pistachio and cardamom together.
- Add sugar and grind again until fine powder.
- Take small quantities of the mixture in your palms and shape them into small balls.
- The ladoos must be prepared before the pistachio sugar mixture cools down.
TIP: If the powder cools down, rerun the mix in the grinder to warm it up to make them into small balls.
- Pistachios are one of the oldest flowering nut trees and are one of the only two nuts mentioned in the Bible.
- People have been eating pistachios since 7,000 BC. Nowadays, they're very popular in many dishes, including ice cream and desserts.
- The Moghul Emperor, Akbar the Great, hosted extravagant banquets befitting his royal status. The chickens to be killed for the banquet were fed pistachio nuts for 6 to 8 weeks before the banquet, to add a delicious flavor to the chicken meat.