How to make Pavlova Deluxe
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Grease interior of 8 in springform pan and dust lightly with cornstarch.
- Beat egg whites until they turnstiff and glossy.
- Note: Make sure egg whites have absolutely no contact with grease (fresh or residual);not even a speck of yolk.
- Combine cream of cornstarch, white sugar,andtartar.
- Gradually beat the mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle vinegar over egg white mixture.
- Gently fold the vinegar into the egg whites.
- Load meringue into a prepared pan.
- Spread the meringue to the sides; make sure toleave a slight depression in the center.
- Place the pie in a preheated oven.
- Close the oven door, and immediately reduce the heat down to 250°
- Bake for 75-90 mins.
- Open oven door but leave meringue in the oven for 15 extramins.
- Relocate the meringue to a draft free spot.
- Remove rim of springform pan very cautiously and allow the meringue to cool completely.
- Note: There may be a slight sinking in the center.
- Carefully remove meringue from pan base, and place on a serving platter.
- Whip cream, vanilla extract, and confectioners' sugar until it becomes thick and firm.
- Gently spread over the meringue.
- Remove the pulp from the passion fruit, and spoon over cream.
- If using kiwi, peel and slice the fruit; arrange slightly overlapping slices in a pleasing design.
- Chill until serving time.
Pavlova is a Russian dessert named after the ballerina Anna Pavlova.