How to make Samoan Panikeke
- Pour the baking powder,sugar, andflour in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make a smooth sticky dough by stirring in thewater, vanilla extract, and bananas.
- Heat oil to 350° F in a large saucepan or deep-fryer.
- Note: The oil should be deep enough to completely cover the panikekes while frying.
- Note: The oil should be at least 3 in deep.
- Scoop up a scant 1/4 cup of the batter with a large spoon.
- Push the batter into the oil using another spoon.
- Fry in small batches of 4 or 5 until they float to the top and turn golden brown; about 3 minutes.
- Flip them to fry the other side.
- Remove from the fryer and let drain on paper towels.
Every culture has a type of doughnut.