Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza
cup warm water 110 F
tsp active dry yeast
cups all-purpose flour
tbsp olive oil
tbsp peanut butter
tbsp brewed black tea
tbsp rice vinegar
tbsp soy sauce
tsp chili oil
tbsp minced fresh ginger
boneless chicken breast half – cooked and sliced into thin strips
tbsp sesame seeds – toasted
small fresh red chile pepper – finely chopped
green onions – sliced
cup mozzarella cheese – grated
carrot – peeled and grated
cup fresh cilantro – chopped
How to make Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza
- Pour warm water into a small bowl.
- Pour in honey and stir it until it dissolves.
- Pour in yeast, stirring until it dissolves.
- Let the concoction sit for about 10 minsuntil it becomes creamy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and add the yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Stir well to combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface whenit’s pulled together.
- Knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Lightly oil the dough a large bowl.
- Place the dough in the bowl and turn it repeatedly to coat with oil.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place until it has doubled in volume.
- Note: This should take about 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Punch the risen dough down on a floured surface.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Allow the dough to relax for 1min, then roll each portion out into a thin circle.
- Place the rolled out pieces onto lightly oiled pizza pans.
- Prepare the peanut sauce byplacing thesoy sauce, rice vinegar, tea,and peanut butterin a blender.
- Add ginger, chili oil, and honey and process until smooth.
- Combine thesesame seeds,3 tbsp of the peanut paprika, chile peppers, salt,chicken, and sauce in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Spread the remaining peanut sauce evenly over the pizza dough.
- Top the pizza with chicken, green onions, and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 mins or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Garnish with carrots and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thai food and pizza are two of the most popular food imports to America.