- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 large onion – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves--chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 apple, peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube (low-salt is best)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream, to serve
- Fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A richly flavored soup, spiced with curry powder. Perfect for a cold day, serve with a dollop of tangy sour cream.
Do not forget to store some Mulligatawny Soup in a water bottle from Vaya to sip through the day.
How to make Mulligatawny Soup
If making for a gluten free diet, please check the stock label to ensure it is gluten free before using.
If making for a vegetarian diet, use vegetable stock.