- Pour 1 cup of milk into a bowl.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice alongside the milk present in the bowl.
- Stir it well.
- Leave the mixture for a period of 5 minutes.
- The milk will now start curdling and it would become acidic.
- You can then use this mixture in your any recipe, where it calls for some buttermilk!
TIP: If you have leftover buttermilk, don’t throw it away. Instead you can make:
- A creamy salad dressing; it's easy to make a quick ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing if you have buttermilk on hand, and they taste so much better than the bottled stuff.
- Fried chicken and coleslaw for dinner; it's not an average type of meal, but this combination just amazing and it's a great way to use up extra buttermilk.
Buttermilk is a very diverse drink. It can be used in confectionery or baking or you can just drink it.