Virgin Watermelon Margarita
How to make Virgin Watermelon Margarita
- Add the cubed watermelons in a blender and blend well till you make a puree out of it.
- Sieve the puree and set it aside.
- In a jar and add mint leaves, lime wedges and sugar and muddle the mixture till the mint leaves are nearly bruised.
- Add the watermelon juice, mint-lime mixture, sparkling water, and ice cubes. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into glasses and top it off with mint, a slice of lime and a watermelon slice and lots of ice cubes.
- Serve chilled and enjoy your margarita.
- Watermelons originated from South Africa where wild watermelons had first started growing. The first harvest of watermelons happened in Egypt 5000 years ago.
- Citrullus Lanatas is the biological name of watermelon and it comes from the family of cucumber, pumpkin and squash. There are almost 1200 varieties in watermelons in the world!