How to Make Master Pizza Dough
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl or a bowl of the stand mixer with a hook attachment, combine the yeast and the lukewarm water together.
- Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy and fully dissolved.
- Now add flour, olive oil, salt and sugar. Mix by hand or with the dough hook on low speed for a minute or two.
- Once all the ingredients are fully combined, knead the mixture with your hands or with the dough hook on low-medium speed. Make sure the kneaded dough is soft and smooth.
- Poke the dough with your fingers, if it bounces then it means that the dough is ready to rise.
- Now shape the dough into a ball shape. Place it into a large mixing bowl that is light coated with the olive oil. Cover the dough tightly with a plastic wrap.
- Place the dough in a warm environment. For the warm temperature, place it near the pre-heated oven so that the heat of the oven helps the dough to rise. After an hour or two, the dough will rise.
- Divide the dough into two balls. Roll each half into equal balls. You can place one of the dough into the fridge to use at a later time.
- The other dough is ready to be filled with your favorite pizza toppings!
- The word pizza was first mentioned in a Latin text written in Southern Italy in 997 CE.
- In the 1800s, most Italians considered pizza as a peasant meal.
- Regular thin pizza crust is the most popular crust which is preferred by 61% of the world’s population.
- Thick and deep crust is the second most popular crust which is preferred by 14% of the world’s population.
Only 11% of the world’s population prefers extra thin pizza crust.