Versatile Marinated Peppers
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
yellow bell pepper
cloves of garlic, sliced
tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
cup of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
teaspoon of fresh basil, chopped
teaspoon of fresh parsley, chopped
salt to taste
How to Make Versatile Marinated Peppers
- Set the oven on preheat to 450 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Place the red, green and yellow bell pepper in the oven rack directly and let them roast for 15 minutes until the skin is well scorched. Turn the peppers if there is a need.
- Take out from the oven and immediately place the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the peppers cool down.
- Using your hands, remove the skins from the peppers and rinse under cold water.
- Slice the peppers into halves, remove the stem and seeds. Cut the peppers further into strips.
- Place the peppers in a serving bowl and toss in garlic, vinegar, oil, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with the main dish.
- Peppers are American native and have been in use for thousands of years.
- The culture of peppers was disseminated worldwide in the 15th and 16thcentury, after the Columbian Exchange.
November is celebrated as the National Pepper Month.