Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza
How to make Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza
- Slice the pear into thin pieces, and set aside.
- Slice the provolone cheese, and set aside.
- Grate the Gorgonzola cheese, and set aside.
- Chop up the walnuts, and set aside.
- Finely chop the fresh chives, and set aside.
- Finely chop parsley for garnishing, and set aside.
Preparation of this dish is quite easy, and takes around 25 to 30 minutes. Before you start your preparation, pre-heat the oven to 450 degree F (or 230 degree C).
- Using an oil spray, grease a medium baking sheet. You can also use a pastry brush, dip it in olive oil and grease the baking sheet.
- Place the pizza crust dough on the baking sheet.
- Spread a layer of Provolone cheese and then place the pear slices on top. Give another layering of the Provolone cheese to cover the Bosc pears.
- Toss in the chopped walnuts, and cover with a layer of Gorgonzola cheese.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste to boost the flavors of the pizza.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the crust becomes golden brown.
- Pull the baking sheet out and top the pizza with chives and fresh parsley to serve hot.
Did you know that every year on February 9th, the National Pizza Day is celebrated in the USA? Well, now that you know, there is no need to get anxious over Valentine’s Day when you can simply celebrate your love for the ultimate bae- pizza!