How to make Masala Chai Ice Cream
- In a saucepan, add the egg yolks, sugar, milk, cream, masala tea powder, and the concentrated tea.
- Boil it till the whole mixture becomes thick.
- Remove the pan from the hob and let it cool.
- Pour the mixture or the ice cream base into a container (preferably metal) that has been placed over an ice bath.
- Freeze the ice cream for 5-6 hours, and you can serve it cold.
- Masala chai ice cream tastes best when garnished with nuts or a tangy sauce.
- The world’s highest tea grower is McLeod Russel India Ltd. Based In Calcutta, India which produces approximately 100 million Kilos of Tea every year!!
- China is the World's largest tea producer and consumer.
- In Burma, apart from drinking tea, they even eat tea by preparing a pickled tea which is called lephet. They make this pickle by softening the tea leaves and rolling them tightly and placing them in the underground to age.