How to make Apricot Ice Cream
- Pit all the apricots.
- Cook the apricots in little water over medium heat until the mixture becomes a little mushy.
- Drain the apricots and preserve the cooking juice.
- Blend the apricots.
- To the cooking juices, add water to it to make a syrup of it and add sugar and cook the whole mixture for 10 minutes.
- When the apricots feel cool enough, add the syrup to it and blend well in a blender.
- Whip the cream and gently add it to the apricot mix.
- Pour the whole mixture into an ice cream container and freeze till it is semi-solid.
- Keep stirring and keep shifting the solid parts into the center instead of letting them settle in the edges.
- Mix well.
- Cover the whole mixture again and this time freeze till it becomes hard.
- You can garnish with your favorite nuts or grate a little bit of apricot and top up the ice cream with it. Pouring sweet sauces into it is also a lovely idea.
- Have a wonderful binge!
- Apricot was initially cultivated in China until the Persians discovered this fruit.
- The first major production of Apricots(which was recorded) in America was in the year 1792 in the south of San Francisco.
- In Latin, apricot means ‘precious’. This was because Apricot ripens much much earlier than other summer fruits.
- Apricot comes from the family of Peaches.