Jay’s Signature Pizza Crust
2 1/4 tsp
active dry yeast
1 1/2 cup
warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
teaspoon of salt
3 1/3 cups
How to Make Jay's Signature Pizza Crust
- Take a large bowl and dissolve yeast and brown sugar.
- Pour in water and mix them well.
- Let these sit for 10 minutes.
- Afterwards mix salt and oil into the yeast solution.
- Mix 2 ½ cups of flour into it as well.
- Turn the dough into a clean and smooth surface.
- Knead it and continue to mix until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Now place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and cover with a cloth.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough and form a tight ball.
- Let the dough sit for minute.
- Begin rolling it out.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 Degree C)
- If you’re using a Pizza stone then you should sprinkle your toppings on the dough beforehand.
- Bake immediately.
- If you’re using a pan then let the dough rise for 15-20 minutes before topping it off.
- Bake it afterwards.