- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 red onion (sliced into strips)
- 2 sliced medium cucumbers (diced)
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 large tomato (chopped or cut into wedges)
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
This Italian tomato cucumber salad is so ridiculously easy that you can make it in a few minutes. Just three ingredients, a lot of chopping, a little seasoning and voila, your salad is ready.
A salad recipe is something where you can never go wrong… never!These fresh ingredients compliment quite well the taste of zesty dishes such as barbecued meats and fish. So, while your entrée is getting ready in the oven, why not make a small bowl of salad to get your daily dose of veggies. It’s a sneaky but yummy way to build up your health for sure!
- The antioxidant Lycopene in tomatoes helps the body fight against cancerous cells.
- Tomatoes are a rich source of minerals and vitamins.
- Tomatoes help counter the effect of smoking.
- Tomatoes improve vision and aid in digestion.
- Cucumbers promote hydration and are one of the top ingredients in green smoothies.
- Cucumbers aid in weight loss.
- Cucumbers help lower blood pressure.
Red onion helps reduce cholesterol, prevent atherosclerosis, fight inflammation, proper functioning of the immune system, detoxify the body, induce good sleep, relieve stomach upset, improve brain function, etc.
How to Make Italian Tomato Cucumber Salad
More than 20 million servings of salad are consumed in the US every week