How to Make Italian Pizza Dough
- In the lukewarm water, stir in yeast and sugar using a fork.
- Let the warm rest in a warm place for ten minutes or until a creamy layer is achieved on the top of the water.
- Mix flour and salt in a large-sized mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil in the flour and stir for two minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into the flour and stir to make the dough.
- Transfer the dough to work surface, dusted with loose flour. Knead dough until it is springy and smooth.
- Place dough into a floured bowl and cover with a plastic wrap that is lightly wiped with olive oil.
- Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size.
- Punch out and use as per requirement.
- The concept of baked bread is reported to be 7000 years old.
- The dough was used by the Ancient Greeks to use as a base for topping like herbs, onion, cheese, and garlic.
- Italian pizza dough is essential in making pizza with complete Italian flavor and texture.
12 November is celebrated as National Pizza Day in the United States.