How to Make Pizza Crust
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, half a cup of warm water, active dry yeast, salt and a tablespoon of olive oil into the bowl.
- Pour sifted all-purpose flour into the bowl as well.
- Knead all the ingredients together to make the dough.
- Once the dough is kneaded completely into one ball, pour some more olive oil on top of it and knead it a little more to make sure that the entire dough is moist with olive oil.
- Cover the bowl and set the dough aside to rise for at least an hour or two. Make sure the dough is double in size before you continue working with it.
- After a couple of hours, take a pizza pan which is 14 to 16 inches in size.
- Coat the pizza pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Take the prepared dough from the bowl and place it in the center of the pizza pan.
- Using your fingers spread the pizza dough into the pan right to its edges.
- Around the edges of the pan raise pizza crusts, again using your hands.
- If you want to make sure that your dough doesn’t puff up too much after baking, make holes in the dough.
- Take a fork and make small holes leaving equal spacing all over the dough. It will look like a design and make sure the dough doesn’t puff up like a pie. It will give you space to add your toppings.
- Once you are done, place the pizza pan with the dough in a pre-heated oven and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Top the crust with your favorite pizza toppings and enjoy your pizza with homemade pizza crust!
- The first frozen pizza was introduced in the world in 1962. It tasted like cardboard in the initial years!
- The first pizza that was ordered through a computer was done in the year 1974.
Jean Claude Van Damme used to deliver Pizzas before he became an actor.