Gluten-free Pull-apart Cinnamon Rolls
2 ¾ cups
sated butter – melted
egg at room temperature
For the mixture to be rolled in
butter – melted
For cream cheese icing
butter – melted
cream cheese – at room temperature
How to make Gluten-free Pull-apart Cinnamon Rolls
For the rolls :
- Mix flour, sugar, instant yeast, ground cinnamon, and salt in the mixing bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add warm water, melted butter, cider vinegar, and egg. Run the mixer on low speed.
- Increase the speed to medium and let it run for 3 minutes. In a 9-inch round cake pan, spray cooking spray. In another small bowl, whisk sugar and cinnamon. With a small scoop, scoop one ball of dough and put into the bowl of sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll evenly and place in the round pan. Continue till all the dough is used. Sprinkle the leftover cinnamon sugar mixture on the top of the balls.
- Drizzle melted butter on top. Cover the balls with a dry towel and leave in a warm place for one hour to allow the dough to rise. In an oven preheated to 400 degrees, put the balls and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put on the cooling rack.
For cream cheese icing:
- Use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, salted butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat till it becomes smooth. Put the icing in a decorated icing bag.
- Snip the end and squeeze out in the desired pattern over the baked cinnamon rolls. Cut into wedges.
If your flour does not contain guar gum, add 1 ½ tsp guar gum to the recipe.
Cinnamon rolls are believed to have originated in Sweden but the cinnamon rolls in Sweden are not as heavy and sweet as in the US. In Sweden, the delicacy has a flavor of cardamom.