How to make Cinnamon Buns
- Pre-heat an oven to 350°F.
- Heat a cup of water to 110°F and dissolve yeast with a tsp of sugar to aid fermentation.
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar, salt, egg, milk, and butter.
- Add 2 cups flour and mix contents thoroughly.
- Add proofed yeast and remaining flour and mix.
- Add more flour if required and knead until your dough is no longer tacky.
- Grease a bowl, transfer dough, cover with a muslin cloth and let rise for 2 hours.
- Once the dough rises, dust some flour on your work area and roll out the dough to about 23 cm by 38 cm and glaze with butter.
- Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and top with raisins.
- Roll the dough and seal the ends.
- Cut the roll-up into a dozen pieces.
- Grease baking sheet with butter and sprinkle some sugar.
- Place cinnamon buns on the baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes, and let cool.
- Whisk powdered sugar, vanilla extract, butter, and water and drizzle the syrup on baked buns.
- Cola soft drinks use cinnamon for flavoring.
- Cassia cinnamon or Chinese cinnamon is an inferior counterfeit to Ceylon cinnamon or true cinnamon. The former is easily available and widely sold all over the world.
- Ceylon cinnamon is rare and healthier compared to Chinese cinnamon, which contains high amounts of coumarin, a blood thinner, liver inhibitor, and carcinogen.
If you are a fan of cinnamon, do look out for the highest of the highest quality and try our cinnamon buns recipe!