Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti
How to Make Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti
- Begin by preheating the oven at 350°
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk them together until they are light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk some more.
- Stir in hazelnuts, cinnamon, salt, baking powder in the egg mix along with sifted flour. Stir together until you have a cookie sough.
- Divide this dough in two places, shape them into two equal length logs, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten them until they are 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and let them bake for 30 minutes, or until the biscotti is firm in the centre and gained a golden edge on the sides.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven when done and let the biscotti cool down before cutting them diagonally in ½ inch thick slices, using a serrated knife.
- Return the slices back to the baking sheet and let them bake for 10 more minutes, flipping then halfway through.
- Store the biscotti Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti in a jar and enjoy whenever you want.
- Cinnamon is one of the few spices that can be used in salty dishes, sweet dishes as well as in drinks.
- Cinnamon challenge might have trended wildly on the internet but it is actually quiet dangerous.
A Roman emperor once had a petty fight with his wife and end up kicking her in the gut which killed her. He felt bad and showed that he was sorry by burning as much cinnamon as he could find on her pyre (a prized commodity then).