How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together and set it aside. In a medium bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Add in one egg and beat properly. Then add the egg yolk and vanilla as well. Once everything has been incorporated properly, you will need to stir the dry ingredients in.
- Lightly flour a surface and divide the dough into 2 pieces. Roll the pieces into 9-inch long and 1 ½-inch wide logs. Put these logs onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten it a little. Brush these logs with the beaten egg.
- Bake these biscotti’s for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven until they become golden and firm. Let them cool for 15 minutes before proceeding.
- Transfer them to a cutting board and with a serrated knife slice the logs crosswise at a diagonal in ½-inch slices. Put the cut sliced back onto the baking sheet with the cut side down, and sprinkle the remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture on it. Take it back to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until they are well toasted.
- The main concept of biscotti is for it to be baked two times.
- Many people believe that biscottis started getting attention because of Starbucks.
A biscotti needs to be dense, crunchy and dunk-able!