- Preheat your oven to 375° F
- Grease a round baking pan (9x13) with some vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients together. Then sift it all the ingredients in another bowl so that there are no air bubbles while baking.
- Use a separate bowl for mixing in all the wet ingredients. Add in the oil and water first and blend them together.
- Add the milk along with vanilla essence
- Finally add the yogurt and mix it well with an electric beater to improve the consistency.
- Mix in the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients and fold it in gently.
- Use the electric beater again and mix everything until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter in the baking pan and tap it gently.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. If you want to know if your cake is done then simply use a knife or toothpick and poke it in gently. If the knife/toothpick comes clean then it is baked and ready. If you find that your cake is still not done even after 40 minutes then there is something wrong with the oven or you haven’t used the correct temperature for baking.
You can dust some powdered sugar over the cake or use chocolate ganache over the cake to give it a richer taste. You can also use butter cream frosting and use it between layers of the cake to take things up a notch.
January 27 is national chocolate cake day.
Chocolate is the number one choice for birthday cakes.
Red velvet cake without the red food coloring is actually chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.