- 350 g gms cottage cheese/chenna/paneer(you can also prepare cottage cheese at home)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 5-6 tbsp sugar powdered
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional - drinking chocolate powder)
- 7-8 pistachios finely chopped
Every state in India is famous for a few recipes which was born in their land. One of the states, West Bengal, is known for its sweetness in language and their traditional sweets as well. Among others, chocolate sandesh is also a famous one. It is mostly prepared during the festivals and special occasion.
Like most Indian delicacies, the main ingredient of chocolate sandeshis milk. You can categorize it under truffles and fudge because they are sweet and soft to bite just like a truffle! It is especially prepared in West Bengal during auspicious festivals like Durga Puja and Diwali. Here’s a word of advice, if you are conscious about eating too much sugar, you can always find a healthy alternative like stevia and indulge your sweet tooth.
- Chocolate is nutritious and is considered as one of the best sources of antioxidants. It can also improve brain function, blood flow, and lower blood pressure.
- Milk is a well-known supplement of vitamin D and calcium which is essential for bone strength.
How to make Chocolate Sandesh Recipe
How to prepare cottage cheese
How to prepare chocolate sandesh
A sweet dish by the name ‘sandesh’ is mentioned in medieval Bengali literature.